Banner


Photobucket

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Level 85 Hunter PvE Guide.

Here is the first video on Hunter Rotation.Enjoy!


Hunter Rotation with LnL Procs

HM
SS and BA
PoP CD's
ES
CS to maintain focus

LnL Proc
ES, CS, ES, AS, ES

Do not ever use Kill Command.

Arcane Shot only if you have excess focus.


After Mastering the Rotation...

So know that you know how to play your Hunter, your probably going to want to play him well. You can click over to the right to see my gear on Torgovrin, and check out my stats. Below Ill tell you what gems and enchants you want, and also your stat weights. I will also post a SV Hunter build that I use to crank out the best numbers possible.

The build you want is 0/9/32 if you need a reference please feel free to look up my hunter. You also want 961 hit rating, (841 if your Drenai Heroic Presence). Flask you want Flask of the Winds and for food you want Skewered Eel.

Gems
Yellow Slot = Deadly Ember Topaz
Red Slot = Delicate Inferno Ruby
Blue = Glinting Demonseye

Enchants
Head = Arcanum of Ramkahen
Shoulders = Greater Inscription of Shattered Crystal
Chest = Enchant Chest -Peerless Stats
Wrist = Draconic Embossment - Agility
Weapon = Enchant 2H Weapon - Mighty Agility
Ranged Weapon = Gnomish X-Ray Scope
Gloves = Enchant Gloves - Haste
Legs = Dragonbone Leg Reinforcements
Feet = Enchant Boots - Major Agility

Pets
I am currently using a cat, this is not optimal. While cat does the most DPS its buff is the same as Horn of Winter so this is wasted. Your best bet will probably be a Ravager (Which I also have) or a Wind Serpent. Talk it over with your raid leader and discuss what pet you should bring.

Cat = Roar of Courage
Wolf = Ferious Howl
Ravager = Ravage
Wind Serpent = Lightning Breath

Game On

8 comments:

  1. About the pets..

    I'd advice you to always use wind serpent (or dragonhawk) over ravager as a survival hunter.

    Given the fact that most of our damage is magical, if you have neither of these buffs provided by other class +8% magical damage is by far superion compared to +4% physical damage.

    -----------------
    Serpent Sting and Cobra Shot (Nature)
    Explosive Shot (Fire)
    Arcane Shot (Arcane)
    Black Arrow (Shadow)

    -Taken from wowhead comments about pet spell - Lightning Breath, By "Fortunate"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks a lot for looking in to this can leaving positive feed back. I actually just had a convo with a fellow hunter/officer in my guild about this exact subject. One of us will have one for the raid on Monday.

    Game On

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries mate..

    Btw. This is really neat chart to use when in doubt what pet to bring.

    http://onemanraid.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/petflowchart3.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool man thanks. With the comp of our raid, most if not all buffs are covered. The PvP side is interesting though.

    Thanks Again

    Game On

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was awesome. I have been freaking out since the patch so I am going to try this rotation and pet advice tomorrow. Do you think you can make a rotation guide for MM?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do plan to have a MM rotation guide out on either Monday or Tuesday! You definitely want to respec asap, MM is doing its fair share of damage, and is superior to SV in any single target fight.

    Game On

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know I was still top dps in my raid the other night and still SV..just moved the rotation around. But I will agree...MM can do nice DPS now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats great, if its not broken don't fix it! Once I get the MM rotation you can check it out and give it a shot. I am almost certain you will up your dps! If you are constantly top dps you should consider yourself a very strong player, I hope your guild notices that!

    Game On

    ReplyDelete